Randomly at times I do Top Ten Tuesday and today is one of those days. I’ve been meaning to jump back into doing it anyways and this is a good one to start.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we do a weekly bookish list. This weeks topic is Series that we have been meaning to start but haven’t yet. Oh boy, this will be really fun, I am not one to read the latest books as they come out and I have troubles sticking to series anyways. Times this by years of reading and many many series that came out in my lifetime and you can see how this blog is going to turn out. This could also get a little long, however I will have to keep this one to my top ten just for times sake.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: I actually own pretty much all these books, and have heard so many wonderful things about them. I picked up the first right after it had come out with all the plans to read it and then just never got to it. I’m kind of bitter I paid full price if I wasn’t going to get to it right away since I found the second one used for a lot cheaper. I still intend to read this but at this point it’s going to be a while, even my sister has said she wants to borrow them and I’m like “I still need to read them sooooo…” I’m not the best when it comes to book commitments lets be honest here.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: This is another one that I got right as it came out and it ended up on my shelf never to be touched. The premise of the book seemed really good and I heard nothing but wonderful things so I fully believe I will love it. It’s just never happened, and the second book has already come and gone I do believe so I need to step my game up.
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini: Now I have read the first two books way back when I was like 8, so I am going to go ahead and include these. The other two books took so long to get out that by the time they did I had forgotten basically everything that had happened and already moved on to other series. I never ever went back to them and at this point if I want to finish the series I am going to need to start over. I have all of them, but it is a huge time commitment and I just have never felt like it. Pretty embarrassing though to have never finished such a big series that came out YEARS ago. That’s like never finishing Harry Potter. Yikes. But in my defense the author took FOREVER to publish the third THEN announced it wasn’t a trilogy after all and we had to wait for a FOURTH book. UGH.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner: I have heard good and bad about this, I have seen the first movie and I own ALL the books. I have I even touched this? No, it’s a sickness I swear.
- The Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick: AGAIN I OWN ALL OF THESE WHY HAVE I NEVER READ THEM!? In my defense I had heard so much about them but never was too interested, but I found the entire series in hardcover at a garage sale for like 5$ so I just picked them up.
- The Darkest Mind Alexandra Bracken: I own the first one, I watched a booktube review on it and the booktuber had loved it so much I just bought it, but never really felt too compelled to read it. Also I didn’t want to have to go buy the rest of them if I really liked it, so it sits collecting dust.
- Where She went by Gayle Forman: I love the movie, it’s one of my faves. I started the book and got like 5 pages in before I realized it was word for word the beginning of the movie and I just gave up. I fully intend to read this series, I want to know what happens after the end. But trying to read it after just watching the movie was a big mistake.
- The Shadow Children by Margaret Haddix Peterson: This one also one I had read as a kid, I read the first two books and never pursued any further. By the time I got ahold of the entire series as an adult I just wasn’t feeling it. So I do own them, and will have to restart the series and I don’t have the time for that right now.
- The Infernal devices by Cassandra Clare: I just got around to reading the first 3 books in the shadow hunters series, so this is going to be a while before I get to this one as well, but I have them and they are on my TBR pile to be read very soon. As soon as I read the last 3 books of the shadow hunters.
- The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson: These were very big when I was in highschool and I’m not sure why but I never picked them up. Either I couldn’t find them or just didn’t want to bother. I think I tried reading the first one, or just read the back and was a little bored with it. So I never tried them. Plus they didn’t label them very well and this was before Goodreads so I never knew which one actually came first. Very confusing. I doubt I will ever pick this series up I just feel as if there is no point. I actually had one of the books but ended up donating it.
So that is my Top Ten list of series I haven’t started yet. As you can see I have a thing for NEVER reading series and some very old series have made this list. I’d be ashamed but a lot of this happened when I was younger and before I started blogging. What are some book series that you haven’t finished? Did any of yours make my list? If there is a series I should absolutely read RIGHT NOW let me know 🙂
Happy Tuesday, Happy blogging.